Buffalo News

• February 8Website going through construction. Please be understanding of mistakes :)

• August 31Remember to smile today! :)

Stress to Success

Madison Seitzler, Writer

American teens say they experience stress in patterns similar to adults, and during the school year they report stress levels even higher than those reported by adults.

A survey by the American Psychological Associations indicated that teen’s stress levels during the school year far exceeded what they believe to be healthy and topped adults’ average reported stress levels. While some students are able to find a healthy balance, others struggle to manage their heavy load.

“My time management plan is that I have so much to do that I don’t do it until last minute,” said junior Emily Keown.“Then I am up at like 3 in the morning doing homework.”

Emily adds that, for her, stress does not normally lead to success.

“I believe stress leads to failure because when I get stressed I just won’t do it,” Emily said. “So that just leaves me more stressed and then overall it is just like my grades fail and all combine.”  

While the stress from heavy work loads can be hard for some teens to overcome, some students don’t believe that stress is needed to build up to success.

“You don’t have to stress yourself out in order to be successful,” said freshman Jasmine Roundtree.

Students who do suffer from school related stress and anxiety say it’s important to find a safe and healthy way to relieve that stress.

“Usually when I can, I love going to the gym,” said Jasmine Roundtree.